Thursday, March 15, 2018

Tomb Raider (2018)


Movies based on video games are usually pretty bad, but I think they broke the curse. Now, I'm not going to lie, I was in the the bag for this movie when I saw the first preview. I like the 'Tomb Raider' games, I love action-adventure movies, I think Alicia Vikander is a good actress, and even though they're not good I enjoyed the two Angelina Jolie films... so take this review with a grain of salt.

Now, without spoiling the plot for anyone planning to see this movie, here are a few thoughts I have about this one: Alicia Vikander kills it in this movie. It's easy to be on board with her from the get-go, and she was definitely a great casting choice. There are some really cool action scenes, but the pacing in this film has a few issues. It's overall an exciting adventure film but there are one or two spots where it starts to drag a bit. The effects are mostly solid with only a couple of CGI shots that look like they could've been done better.

Overall, I give this one a recommend. I had a lot of fun with this film and the issues I did have are just minor nitpicks. It's probably one I'll end up picking up on Blu-ray when it comes out.
A solid 4 out of 5.


Have a suggestion for a review?
Leave a comment below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment