Friday, August 25, 2017

The Founder (2016)






I had been meaning to watch and review this movie for a while now, and I finally took the time tonight to check it out. 

While I am a big fan of Michael Keaton, I wasn't sure if a movie about how McDonald's came about would really be something I'd find all that entertaining. To my surprise, the story was pretty interesting and I was into it from start to finish. The acting, particularly Keaton as Ray Kroc as well as John Carroll Lynch and Nick Offerman as the McDonald brother, was really solid and the whole thing clicks along at a fairly decent pace.

The film, as you may expect, is about how Ray Kroc saw the potential in a small burger joint owned and operated by the McDonald brothers. Kroc, a very determined businessman, realizes that the efficient McDonald's system could be a major franchise with locations all over the United States, and his big picture way of thinking often doesn't gel with what the brothers see as the best way to protect their brand. The McDonald brothers are nervous about rapid expansion and they don't want to sacrifice quality just to save a few bucks. Of course Kroc on the other hand wants to go big and get rich, resulting in mounting tensions over the course the film between his vision for McDonald's and theirs.

Overall, I think this film is entertaining enough to watch at least once. There are a couple parts that drag a little and 10-15 minutes could've easily been shaved off the runtime, but it's a decent movie.
I give this one a 3.5 out of 5.


Have a suggestion for a review?
Leave it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment