Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Lego Batman Movie


I'm getting to this one a little later than I had originally planned, mostly because I've been posting all of those 80's movie reviews this whole month, but here's a quick review of The Lego Batman Movie.

Right off the bat, this one was what I was hoping for and what I hadn't gotten since Micheal Keaton; a thoroughly enjoyable Batman movie. Batman, as a character, is serious and dark but, in all fairness, is kind of  ridiculous as well. The Schumacher films were goofy, over the top, and tried to make ridiculous work, but they were not fun. The Nolan films were dark and serious and, while many people liked them, I found them at times depressing and boring. This one swings the pendulum back to over the top and ridiculous but, in contrast to Schumacher's live-action films, this movie is well written and a ton of fun. It takes all the seriousness, anger, and lonliness of Batman and turns it on it's head while both celebrating and poking fun at all things Batman. The voice acting is solid, and there's some funny original songs. 

Overall, if you're a Batman fan or liked The Lego Movie then you're more than likely going to enjoy movie. I had fun, I was laughing from start to finish and I definitely recommend checking this one out.
I give it a 4.5 out of 5.


Have a suggestion for a review?
Leave it in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment