Saturday, July 13, 2019

Kung Pow! Enter the Fist




This martial arts comedy was released in 2002 and combines footage from the 1976 Hong Kong film Tiger & Crane Fists with new footage and dialogue. Kung Pow! Enter the Fist is one of those unique movies that I really, really enjoy but have a hard time recommending to others. Holding strong at a whopping 13% on Rotten Tomatoes, it almost found a place on my '10 Movies That I Like But Everyone Else Seems To Hate' list but, it does have a 69% audience score a has definitely has it's fans.

 The plot involves a man known only by the name 'Chosen One'. Chosen One's parents were killed when he was a baby by Master Pain, and he has trained his whole life for the opportunity to get revenge... Oh, also Chosen One has a sentient tongue, can use gophers as nunchucks, and Master Pain works for an evil council of aliens. I do realize it's a pretty dumb movie, but I find it hilarious.

Overall, I can't really criticize the acting or production of this film because it's supposed to be bad, that's part of the joke of it all. I enjoy this one a lot and always get a good laugh out of it. If you've never seen it, I can't guarantee you'll like it too but I do think it's worth watching at least once.
I give it a 4 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment