Monday, August 5, 2019

Ranking Every Rob Zombie Movie

With his next film, 3 from Hell, set to come out this September I thought it would be a good time to look back at all of the Rob Zombie directed films and rank them. As with most of the rankings I do, this ranking is based solely on my own enjoyment, opinions, and the rewatchablity of each film and not based on critical or box-office success.

#7 Halloween II (2009)

 Some of the other films on this list may have a few aspects that don't work for me but, this is the only one that thoroughly dislike.

#6 Halloween (2007)

This one isn't bad and I had a good time when I saw it in the theater the first time but, it'll always be compared to the 1978 original and it doesn't hold a candle to that movie.

#5 31 (2016)

Reminiscent of 1987's The Running Man, except with a weaker story and a lot more gore and swearing. It's no masterpiece but, I think this is a fun movie. 

#4 The Lords of Salem (2013)

This one is a mixed-bag. It's far from being Zombie's best film, but there is some haunting imagery and flashes of great filmmaking scattered throughout.

#3 The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009)

This movie isn't great but, I have a soft spot for it because the comedy hits me just right. I previously put this on my "10 Movies That I Like but Everyone Else Seems to Hate" list and this is definitely the Rob Zombie film I've seen the most times.

#2 House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

Rob Zombie's first film still holds up in my opinion as one of his best, despite being the one with the lowest Rotten Tomatoes score of the bunch.

#1 The Devil's Rejects (2005)

The Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses are 1A and 1B in my mind for best Rob Zombie movie. While I do enjoy House of 1000 Corpses a bit more, I think The Devil's Rejects is the better film overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment