Friday, October 12, 2018

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (2018)


So this afternoon I went to see Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween which is, obviously, the follow-up to 2015's Goosebumps. The first half I was a bit bored, but I found the second half to be entertaining enough and I even got a few laughs out of it. 
The story is pretty standard stuff for a kid-friendly Halloween flick: There is a supernatural ventriloquist dummy who wants to bring all the Halloween decorations to life for reasons that aren't really explained. The only way to stop him is by using a magic R.L. Stine book to trap all of the spooky monsters. All the kids are pretty stock characters: There's a fat kid, a black kid, a bully, and a girl... It's one scrawny kid with glasses away from the full Screenwriting 101 set. 

Is this one destined to become one of those films that is a staple of the Halloween season for years to come? I don't think so, but if you have young kids it's worth taking them to see. 
I give this one a 2 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment